The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) advises Interstate 95 motorists traveling in both directions of encounter periodic lane closures on Monday, September 20, through Friday, September 24, between 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM in Delaware and Philadelphia Counties, as part of a project to conduct overhead sign maintenance across the Philadelphia region.
The work locations are:
- Northbound I-95 between the Highland Avenue and the Commodore Barry Bridge interchanges in City of Chester, Delaware County;
- Northbound I-95 between the Edgemont Avenue and the Interstate 476 interchanges in City of Chester, Delaware County;
- Southbound I-95 at the I-476 Interchange in Ridley Township, Delaware County;
- Southbound I-95 between the Ridley Park and the I-476 interchanges in Ridley Township, Delaware County;
- Northbound I-95 at the Route 420 Interchange in Tinicum Township, Delaware County;
- Northbound I-95 ramp to eastbound Route 291 in Tinicum Township, Delaware County;
- Northbound I-95 at the Philadelphia International Airport Interchange in Tinicum Township, Delaware County;
- Northbound I-95 at the Valley Forge Interchange in Philadelphia;
- North bound I-95 at the Route 611 Interchange in Philadelphia;
- Northbound and southbound I-95 at the Walt Whitman Bridge/Packer Avenue Interchange in Philadelphia;
- Northbound I-95 at the Columbus Boulevard Interchange in Philadelphia; and
- Southbound and northbound I-95 between the westbound I-676 and Columbus Boulevard interchanges in Philadelphia.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work areas because backups and slowdowns will occur. All scheduled activities are weather dependent.
For a complete list of construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, visit the District 6 Traffic Bulletin.
Information about infrastructure in District 6 including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.gov/D6Results. Find PennDOT’s planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.
Last modified: September 16, 2021