Applications and Forms
When is a Permit Required?
Any time one of these activities occurs a permit must be obtained:
1) construct or alter a structure
2) construct an addition to an existing structure (this includes decks)
3) demolish or move a structure
4) make a change in occupancy of a structure
5) to move a lot line, which affects an existing structure
6) install or alter any equipment which is regulated by the building code
a) heating equipment
b) air conditioning
d) electrical service
NOT included in ordinary repairs are:
- cutting away of any wall, partition, or potion thereof
- the removal, replacement, re-enforcement or cutting of any structural beam or loadbearing support
- the removal or change of any required means of egress
- the rearrangement of parts of a structure affecting the means of egress
- addition to, alteration of, or replacement or relocation of any water supply, sewer, drainage, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping
- addition to, alteration of, or replacement or relocation of any electrical wiring
- addition to, alteration of, or replacement or relocation of any mechanical equipment
The permitting process can take up to 15 business days from application to approval.
Only complete applications with payment will be accepted and processed. Completed applications greatly reduce processing time.
Plumbing permits are usually completed within 1 – 3 business days.
- Apply for appropriate trade permit (building, electrical. plumbing and mechanical).
- Signed contract between property owner and contractor
- PA Contractor registration card and number (if contractor is performing work)
- Drawings, sketches, and details of project.
- Commercial projects must submit sealed drawings
- General Liability and/or Worker Comp Insurance showing Sharon Hill Borough as certificate holder. (Can be emailed from insurance carrier to: firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Contractors and subcontractors working under commercial permits or electrical, mechanical, and plumbing — must register with Sharon Hill Borough.
- Fill out application, submit, and pay the appropriate permit fees by check or money order.
- Applicant will receive several emails:
- Permit application approval confirmation and instructions for site posting
- Permit application denial confirmation (insufficient detail, documentation, payment etc.)
Dumpster and Pod Permit Application
Consolidated Fee Schedule
Community Permit Forms & Applications
Zoning Forms & Applications
The mission of the Public Works Department is to enhance the quality of life in the borough by doing the following:
- Maintaining the borough’s roads, street signs, storm and sanitary sewers, parks, and other infrastructure
- Promoting environmentally sound living by collecting leaves and providing street sweeping
- Maximizing operations by maintaining the borough’s fleet of vehicles and equipment
If you have any questions or problems with any of these areas, please call The Borough of Sharon Hill at 610-586-8200